dinsdag 10 januari 2012

Celebrity leftovers: The fascination with crumbs stars leave behind


Summary:
Knowing everything about celebrities and their lives has become the latest form of entertainment. Michael and Francesca Bennett, are taking advantage of this cultural phenomena and created a museum where anyone can admire their idol’s leftovers. Everything started in when photographer David Bailey dropped in their Cornwall cafe and the couple decided to keep his half-eaten sandwich as a way of commemorating his visit. Although some believe this is the height of nonsense, Mr Bennett says his museum portrays modern celebrity culture. Despite its success, the Bennett’s children are reluctant to continue with the family business. The cafe has already been sold but Mr Bennett refuses to believe that the ‘Museum of Celebrity Leftovers’ days are numbered.


My reaction:
I found this article quite funny because I think it really silly that there is a museum which displays celebrity left-overs. I can understand that people are slightly curious about celebrities and their personal lives. However, going to a museum of celebrity left-overs and taking a picture beside Pete Doherty’s sandwich crust is, in my opinion, a bit extreme. So, I would never visit the museum myself but there should be entertainment for everyone.  I also think the Bennetts have been very intelligent businessmen because they have created a museum out of the blue but I do understand that their children do not want to continue with the family business. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten